Sydney Bus Driver

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Letter

I received the letter I was told to expect. It sets out the steps required to proceed with my application.

These are the steps:
1) My references (as I identified in my application) will be checked;
2) My criminal history will be checked, as required by the Child Protection Act;
3) I am to under-go a medical assessment by Health Australia. I am required to make an appointment within 48 hours of getting this letter.
4) I need to apply for a Bus Driver Authority Card. This is a photo id of the driver on display in the buses. To get this I must apply to the Ministry of Transport together with my driving record from the Road and Traffic Authority (RTA), proof of Australian citizenship/residency, 2 recent photographs (65mm x 65mm) and a $70 fee.
5) I need to get a Medium-Ridged Learner’s permit. Buses are classified as Medium-Ridged vehicles. To get this I need to pass the MR Knowledge Test. This is a question and answer test of my knowledge of the information in the Road Users’ Handbook (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/2005_12ruh_english.pdf) and the Heavy Vehicle Drivers’ Handbook (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/heavyvehiclehandbook2001.pdf).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home