Sydney Bus Driver

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Medical Check

I had my medical assessment yesterday. I was not told the results but the doctor didn’t suggest there is any problem.

The assessment was done at Health Services Australia (http://www.healthoz.com.au/) which describes itself as a “Government Business Enterprise”.

I filled out a form which included the usual questions about existing and past illnesses and medical conditions. In addition, there was a section with about 10 questions about my alcohol consumption and another section with 8-10 questions about my sleeping pattern and how often I feel sleepy. One of the questions asked if I had ever fallen asleep while waiting for a red light.

A nurse measured my height and my weight. I did an eye test with and without my glasses. I provided a urine sample (though I had not been asked to not eat anything before). I was not asked for a blood sample.

A doctor took my blood pressure and listened to my heart. He asked me to demonstrate my flexibility of my hands, arms, legs, back and neck. He asked me to stand still with my eyes shut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home