Sydney Bus Driver

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Down Memory Lane

The other day I was rostered as a 'spare' driver. This means I am assigned a start time (in this case, 15.00) but no specific bus routes. The purpose of spare drivers is to be avalable in case another driver calls in sick.

On this day, I was given the bus routes of a driver operating from the Leichhardt depot. I did this from the Burwood depot using a Burwood bus (there are spare buses now because of the school holidays). I was phoned at home and asked to start a bit earlier, specifically 13.50.

I did 2 different bus routes, the 431 which I have done before and the 470 which I hadn't done before.

The 470 was the bus route I used when I visited the lady who is now my wife. That was more than a few years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home