Sydney Bus Driver

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Real Passengers, Real Money

Today I drove some scheduled services under the supervision of a BOT1 (Bus Operator Trainer, Level 1). I drove, he gave advice and directions.

In the morning we did 2 return trips on Route 407 – Burwood Station to Strathfield Station. Most of the route is through an older, rich suburb – large houses and plenty of trees. Not many passengers. On the way to the Strathfield station we picked up a lot of business people (well, dressed in suits, etc) who I assumed to be the home owners. At the station we picked up who I suspect were the maids and distributed them in the same suburb.

Most of the passengers paid with pre-paid tickets. When a passenger paid with cash, I told him it was the 1st ticket I had sold as a bus driver. Unfortunately, I didn’t ask (and he didn’t offer) for the ticket back when he got off the bus.

The roster was a split shift. I have 3 hours between shifts. During this time (besides having lunch) I took a 409 bus to its end of run and return. I did this because this was the service I was scheduled to drive in the afternoon so I took the opportunity to mark landmarks which would indicate turns.

In the afternoon I did a return trip on the 409 route.

It was a good day. I enjoyed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home