Sydney Bus Driver

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Eggs

On a number of occasions, eggs have been thrown at the bus I have been driving. This normally happens on a Friday or Saturday night by, I assume, somewhat drunk youths. When this happens, I call the Radio Room and report the incident and the location. The Radio Room warns the other drivers.

Once, the egg hit the front windscreen. I had to stop and clean it off. The windscreen wipers don’t have water in them, so I used my drinking water.

Sometimes rocks are thrown at buses. This hasn’t happened to me (yet) but I hear about the incidences over the bus radio. If a window is cracked, the bus has to be taken out of service, a disruption to the passengers.

I can understand rocks, a spur of the moment decision by the thrower. Eggs require planning.

I usually drive with the driver’s side window open so I am at some risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home