Sydney Bus Driver

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Reference Checks

My references have been checked in the past 2 days.

When I applied for the job I was required to provide the names of 2 people with whom I had worked in the past 10 years. Unfortunately, one of my references is overseas and not scheduled to return until the end of September. I am scheduled to start training on Tuesday, Sept 19th.

I am somewhat annoyed because I had warned someone at Sydney Buses that one of my references was going overseas and that person seemed to suggest that this reference would be contacted. However, yesterday Sydney Buses phoned me to ask me for another reference. Luckily, another ex-colleague had heard that I was applying for a bus drivers job (so the idea was not a complete surprise) and was willing to provide a reference at short notice.

The referees were asked if I am trustworthy, would they recommend me for employment, what was my sick leave pattern, do I get on well with people, and did I leave my last employment on good terms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home