Sydney Bus Driver

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Navigating (2)

There is an important source of route information I left out of my previous post: the passengers.

Sometimes I ask. Sometimes they tell me, “Driver, you should have turned left back there”. Oops.

Last week I did a “School Special” (a route which picks up only students) which I was assigned on short notice. I didn’t have time to fully plan the route as it was quite complicated. I had the 1st part planned. When the 1st student (about 12 years old) got on I asked him to direct me. That worked well. However, when there were about 20 students on board they started to have fun at my expense. Some would say “turn left”, others would shout, “no, turn right”. “Come on, guys, give me a break”. We got there OK.

1 Comments:

Blogger Entropy Fighter (EF) said...

How many hours per week do you drive the bus, Scott?

3:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home